The Harris Institute of Speed Reading is owned and operated in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada by Steve Harris, a professional speed reading instructor since 1981.
Our work is principally with people in business, government, universities and high schools. Our technique helps with reading any kind of material in any language - law, science, technical, literature, management, etc.
We teach a one-day session, usually 9 AM to 4 PM, taught in-person. Individuals can sign up for courses we organize in Ottawa, Toronto and Montreal, or we can teach groups of up to 25 persons at any location. We travel anywhere - our prices are moderate.
The Harris technique will enable you to read the easiest or the most difficult texts more quickly, while gaining the comprehension and appreciation you need and the enjoyment you want.
Enhance every aspect of your reading in any kind of material.
- Read 50 - 150% faster without loss of comprehension with our program.
- Improve your retention of the ideas you read.
- Concentrate better, especially in texts that do not hold your interest. Better concentration will improve comprehension.
- Learn effective strategies to take on your work, study or project reading.
- Enhance enjoyment of your leisure reading.
Recent corporate clients include:
- Industry Canada
- National Defense
- Office of the Superintendant of Financial Institutions
- Queen's Univ. Exec. Programs & MBA Program for Science & Technology
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Quebec
- TD Canada Trust
- University of Ottawa Gee Gees Football Team
We guarantee a 50% improvement in reading speed without loss of comprehension, or your money back.
Refund must be claimed at the end of the session.